Dr. Tatyana Slipachuk, partner, is the Head of International Arbitration and International Trade Practice Groups at Sayenko Kharenko.
Mrs. Slipachuk has market-leading experience of handling the most sophisticated arbitration cases in various capacities including serving as party appointed arbitrator, sole arbitrator, the chairman of the arbitral tribunal, and a legal advisor to a party. Mrs. Slipachuk handled over 60 arbitrations in over 10 jurisdictions. Mrs. Slipachuk is a Chartered Arbitrator, an AAA neutral, listed as an arbitrator in major international arbitral institutions, which gives Dr. Slipachuk an unprecedented insight into the proceedings of national arbitration institutions of foreign jurisdictions.
Dr. Slipachuk’s extensive experience in international trade law includes developing and negotiating trade contracts, handling complex trade finance transactions, advising on the applications of WTO laws, and acting for parties to trade investigations.
Dr. Tatyana Slipachuk is named No. 1 International Arbitration lawyer for Ukraine and ranked Top Two in International Trade according to Ukrainian Law Firms 2014 compilation by Yuridicheskaya Practika, the leading legal publishing house in Ukraine; is recommended as one of Ukraine’s leading lawyers by all major local and international directories (Chambers Global; Chambers Europe; The Legal 500; Best Lawyers International; The International Who's Who of Arbitration Laweyrs 2014; Legal Awards by Yuridicheskaya Practika; Euromoney Expert Guides; The International Who's Who of Trade & Customs Lawyers 2012 and The International Who's Who Legal: CIS 2011 in Trade & Customs).
Professional membership and involvement:
Dr. Slipachuk is a listed arbitrator at:
- Maritime Arbitration Commission at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- International Arbitral Center of the Federal Economic Chamber of Austria;
- International Arbitration Court of Kyrgyzian Chamber of Commerce;
- Arbitration Court of the Economic and Agrarian Chambers of the Czech Republic;
- Permanent Court of Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia;
- International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Russian Federation;
- Singapore International Arbitration Center.
Dr. Slipachuk has been elected:
- President of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association;
- Vice Chair of the International Bar Association's Arbitration Committee for 2012;
- Chartered Arbitrator of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators;
- Member of the Ukrainian Association of International Law;
- National expert for Ukraine of the International Distribution Institute;
- Member of the European Arbitration Group at the International Chamber of Commerce;
- Vice Chairman of the Arbitration Chamber of Ukraine.
- LL.D. in Business Law and Arbitration from Kiev Taras Shevchenko University Law School;
- Degree in Law from Kiev Taras Shevchenko University.