Olena is a counsel and co-head of International Arbitration Practice of the Firm with over ten years of experience in international commercial arbitration, international trade and litigation.
Olena has acted for Ukrainian and foreign clients in more than 70 arbitral proceedings under a variety of arbitration rules (ICC, LCIA, SCC, International Commercial Arbitration Court, Maritime Arbitration Commission at the Ukrainian CCI, International Commercial Arbitration Court at the CCI of the Russian Federation, GAFTA, FOSFA, LMAA, UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules and others). Mrs. Perepelynska handles arbitration proceedings covering a wide range of commercial issues including the sale of goods and services (e.g. advertising, consulting, telecommunication), corporate rights transactions, maritime, and other matters. She routinely represents clients in arbitration-related court proceedings before Ukrainian courts, including the enforcement proceedings of Ukrainian and foreign arbitral awards in Ukraine.
Membership & Professional Appointments:
Olena is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb) and member of International Bar Association, Ukrainian Arbitration Association(UAA), Spanish Arbitration Club, Austrian Arbitration Association, LCIA YIAG, ICC YAF, Young ICCA, ICDR Young & International, admitted to Kyiv City Bar.
Olena Perepelynska has been appointed:
- Board member of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association;
- Vice-President of the Polish-Ukrainian Chapter of the Spanish Arbitration Club;
- Regional representative of Ukraine in International Student Moot Court Competition on International Trade Law and International Commercial Arbitration ICC Lex Mercatoria;
- Coordinator of the UAA Working group for Elaboration of the Draft Law on Amendments to Legislative Acts of Ukraine in the Area of International and Domestic Arbitration;
- Coordinator of the UAA Arbitration School.
Olena Perepelynska is listed as arbitrator at:
- Arbitration Court of the Economic and Agrarian Chambers of the Czech Republic;
- Court of Arbitration at the Polish Confederation of Private Employers Lewiatan;
- Court of International Commercial Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania;
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre;
- International Arbitral Center of the Federal Economic Chamber of Austria;
- Kazakhstani International Arbitrage;
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration;
- Permanent Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Banks Association;
- Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration.
Awards & Rankings:
Olena has been recommended among leading arbitration practitioners in Ukraine by Ukrainian Law Firms 2015, Best Lawyers International 2016 and Euromoney’s LMG Rising Stars 2015. According to the clients, Olena is named "an experienced lawyer" with "efficient and target-focused approach" in both arbitration and litigation (Chambers Europe 2015 and Chambers Global 2015). Olena is recommended in agribusiness according to Ukrainian Law Firms 2015 by Yuridicheskaya Practika.
- Master of International Law with honors from the School of International Law of the Institute of International Relations, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv;
- Diploma in International Arbitration from the Charted Institute of Arbitrators, UK;
- ICC Advanced Arbitration Academy for Central & Eastern Europe.
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- Arbitration in Times of International Conflicts – international commercial arbitration panel moderator (Warsaw, Poland, 27 May 2015);
- “Nature, form and scope of arbitration agreement. Pathological arbitration clauses. Arbitrability”, III UAA Arbitration School (Kyiv, Ukraine, 4-8 May 2015);
- “Specific Aspects of the Public Procurement with Participation of Foreign Entities. Arbitrability of Disputes under Public Procurement Contracts”, III International Legal Forum on the International Trade Law and International Commercial Arbitration ICC Lex Mercatoria: Bank Guarantees and Public Procurement in the International trade and International Commercial Arbitration (Minsk, Belarus, 28 November 2014);
- “Arbitrability of Disputes under Ukrainian Law: Outstanding Problems”, II International Arbitration Readings in Memory of Academician I.G. Pobirchenko (Kyiv, Ukraine 13 November 2014);
- “Trends in the Development of International Arbitration: Institutional Aspects”, XIII International Law Practitioners Forum (Prague, Czech Republic, 01 October 2014);
- “Interim Measures. Partial Awards. Costs in Arbitration”, II UAA Arbitration School (Kyiv, Ukraine, 7-11 May 2014);
- “Ukrainian Arbitration Legislation: Problems and Solutions”, Current trends in arbitration laws and rules (Warsaw, Poland, 12 February 2014);
- “Arbitration in Ukraine: SWOT analysis”, ICC YAF: Arbitration in emerging markets, (Moscow, Russia, 09 December 2013).