Oleksandr Nagorny, a counsel at Sayenko Kharenko, has more than 20 years of experience and specializes in antitrust, competition and finance law.
His outstanding expertise in Ukrainian competition law covers all matters within the jurisdiction of Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (the AMC), including cartels and other anticompetitive concerted practices, merger control, abuse of dominance, anticompetitive practices of state authorities, unfair competition, procedural aspects of the AMC’s activity, and public procurement issues.
Oleksandr also has unique expertise in the insurance sector and the broader financial services market, which includes cartel investigations andobtaining clearances for concerted practices in the financial service markets, advising on bancassurance, insurance of nuclear and engineering risks, direct losses adjustments under the third party liability insurance agreements, agreements on vehicle maintenance and repair by importers and dealers.
Prior to joining Sayenko Kharenko, Oleksandr held executive positions in one of the oldest Ukrainian insurance companies and advisory bodies of insurers' associations. Before that, he served in executive roles in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for seven years, including as the head of the AMC’s Legal Department for five years.
Oleksandr has co-authored the Law of Ukraine "On Protection of Economic Competition" (2001), which is a basic law for AMC, and provided an expert advice through the various stages of its review by the Ukrainian state authorities and final approval by the Parliament of Ukraine. Furthermore, Mr Nagorny is a co-author of the Concept of Competition Procedural Code of Ukraine, the draft law on securing proofs in cases on violation of competition law, the Rules on consideration of cases on violations of the competition law, and many other legislative and procedural acts in the competition law area.
- Degree in Law, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- Degree in Economics and Accounting, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
- Degree in Physics and Mathematics, Nizhyn M. Gogol State Pedagogical University
Membership in professional associations:
- Deputy Chairman of the Public Council with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine since February 2017;
- Member of the Legal Committee, Committees on Unfair Competition and Financial Markets of the Public Council with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (2010-2014).