Mr Kharenko is a managing partner of Sayenko Kharenko. Michael focuses on cross-border corporate transactions and international financings. He has worked on a wide range of major private and public securities offerings, syndications and secured finance transactions in Ukraine representing leading investment banks, multinational financial institutions, and corporates.
Mr Kharenko lectured banking and tax law at Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University Law School. He served as an advisor to the Chairman of the State Commission on Securities and Stock Market of Ukraine.
Michael Kharenko is a member of the Investment Council within the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine.
Michael has been:
- named among 30 best top managers nation-wide, according to "TOP-100. Best Top-Managers of Ukraine 2015" ranking by Ekonomika Publishing House;
- named among leading lawyers by Who’s Who Legal: Banking 2017;
- named Eminent Practitioner in banking and finance, capital markets and corporate and M&A by Chambers Europe 2016;
- named Lawyer of the Year for Ukraine in project finance and development practice by Best Lawyers International 2017;
- named Authority Lawyer in banking and finance and capital markets and No. 1 in restructuring according to Ukrainian Law Firms 2016 by Yuridicheskaya Practika;
- shortlisted in the category European Managing Partner of the Year by Legal Week British Legal Awards 2011;
- named Lawyer of the Year in Ukraine 2011 by Yuridicheskaya Practika;
- named Lawyer of the Year in Finance by Legal Awards 2011, Yuridicheskaya Practika;
- named the leading capital markets and finance lawyer for Ukraine by The Legal 500, Chambers Global, PLC Which Lawyer?, IFLR 1000, and Expert Guides.
Michael Kharenko is admitted in Ukraine and the state of New York, USA.
- LL.D. in public finance law;
- LL.M. with honors from Columbia University School of Law (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar);
- Interned with the Honorable Bohdan A. Futey at the United States Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C.;
- LL.B. summa cum laude from Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv Law School.