For already several years Sayenko Kharenko’s IT lawyers have been offering comprehensive legal services to product development and outsourcing companies, start-ups and investors, online services and Internet shops, software vendors and purchasers of IT services.
Our team consists of renowned experts in intellectual property law, corporate security and tax law who know all fine points of doing business involving IT. We advise major players of online payments and telecommunications markets on competition, corporate and finance law, regulatory issues, compliance, filing for and obtaining approvals.
Our team provides a full range of services related to IT business, including:
- structuring IT business, with a focus on specific aspects of cross-border business, elements of corporate security, protection of intellectual property and tax optimization;
- advising on investments into IT companies and start-ups (including due diligence on various stages, from seed to exist);
- developing the strategy of formalization and transfer of copyright to software, with a specific focus on WMHs created by employees, freelancers and contracting companies in various jurisdictions;
- providing legal support in connection with challenging sales of software products and IT companies;
- advising on purchase of services involving IT, including development and customization of software, digital advertising, SAAS and other;
- providing legal support to online businesses;
- protecting intellectual property and brand on the Internet.
We have an invaluable experience of representing IT companies and advising on IT issues. Most recently, we represented IT companies going IPO, set up a "turn-key" venture fund, advised a Sevastopol-based outsourcing company on its business restructuring regarding the situation in Crimea, provided legal support in connection with over than USD 10 million investments into start-ups, and advised two major game developing companies on structuring their business in Ukraine.
Some of the Firm’s clients in IT sector include portmone.com, uSupport, Room8, Kyivstar, Yandex.Money, Luxsoft, BrainBasket, Vostok Games, Bumper Apps, Europe Virgin Fund, Vostok Ventures, Астелит (Life) and other.
Sayenko Kharenko’s IT lawyers are members of expert councils of governmental authorities and public institutions. They initiate and participate in drafting laws and regulations related to IT and online business; in particular, they participated in drafting the Law of Ukraine "On Electronic Commerce", the Law of Ukraine "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Protection of Copyright and Related Rights on the Internet", "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on the Form of Agreements Regarding the Right to Use Copyright and Related Rights", the Law of Ukraine "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine Regarding Protection of Rights to Trademarks on the Internet".